I went to City Beach today and it is a bar, a restaurant, a billiards, a basketball court, a volleyball court, an indoor rock climbing wall...it's a very fun place to be!! Well what I want to do is try indoor rock climbing. It's a great cardiovascular workout PLUS it would be great for strengthening the upperbody and the core.
According to some calorie counter websites, indoor rock climbing would burn about 500-700 calories an hour. I think that this is a great way to get more physical activity/exercise into your life and a great way to socialize too! It's all too often that people want to get together around food or alcohol and honestly it is not easy on the wallet or the waistline!
This indoor rock climbing thing I want to try has special offers like "Ladies Night" and "Student Night". On these scheduled nights, wall climbing is half price for a day pass!!!
So try something new, invite your friends....
*want to try ballroom dancing? well, many salsa clubs offer group lessons at a very low cost and then the dance floor opens up after the lesson for a "clubbing" type experience.
*are you a bowler? checkout your local bowling alley, there are usually leagues you can join that will meet at a set time and day
*do you like to run? check out this website to find a running route www.usatf.org/routes/ invite a friend to walk/run with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment